With nearly 3,500 members, Writers Victoria is the largest organisation supporting and connecting the State’s writers.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts on courses, manuscript assessments, mentorships and writer's studios
- ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine delivered straight to your door
- A large online archive of past issues of 'The Victorian Writer' available only only for members
- Weekly enews filled with writing news, events and opportunities
- Up to three free listings a year in ‘The Victorian Writer’ and/or enews
- Discounts on books for sale on the craft and business of writing
- Information, advice and guidance from the Writers Victoria team
- Access to the Writers Victoria library on level 3 of The Wheeler Centre (10am to 5pm weekdays), including a great collection of writing-related reference books, literary magazines, journals, trade weeklies and more
- Access to a place to write in our library
- Representation and advocacy on issues affecting Victorian writers
- Discounts from our partners
If you join as a group or organisation, membership includes:
- Discounts and benefits for one nominated representative (as above)
- One copy of the weekly enews to send onto your group
- One copy of The Victorian Writer to send onto your group (in print or online)
- Access to a place for your group to meet.
- Ability for regional groups and organisations to apply for our Regional Grants
Membership will also allow you to:
- Support your sector. Writers Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation. Your membership fees go towards supporting the State’s writers and advocating on their behalf
- Have your say in the organisation, attend and vote at Annual General Meetings or nominate for the Committee of Management
- Get member discounts from our partner organisations.
Don’t forget, if you earn an income from your writing this year you can use your Writers Victoria membership and course fees as a tax deduction for professional development expenses.
Membership fees and benefits may change from time to time.