Writers Victoria is the largest organisation supporting and connecting the state of Victoria’s writers.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts on courses, manuscript assessments, mentorships and writer’s studios;
- ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine delivered either to your inbox or your door;
- A large online archive of past articles from ‘The Victorian Writer’ available only for members;
- Fortnightly member newsletter filled with writing news, events and opportunities;
- Up to three free listings a year in ‘The Victorian Writer’ and/or newsletter;
- Information, advice and guidance from the Writers Victoria team;
- Access to the Writers Victoria library on level 3 of The Wheeler Centre (10am to 5pm weekdays), including a great collection of writing-related reference books, literary magazines, journals, trade weeklies and more;
- Access to a place to write in our library;
- Representation and advocacy on issues affecting Victorian writers;
- and discounts from our partners.
If you join as a group or organisation, membership includes:
- Discounts and benefits for one nominated representative (as above);
- One copy of the fortnightly newsletter to send onto your group;
- One copy of The Victorian Writer to send onto your group (in print or online);
- Access to a place for your group to meet;
- Ability for regional groups and organisations to apply for our Regional Grants.
Membership will also allow you to:
- Support your sector. Writers Victoria is a not-for-profit organisation. Your membership fees go towards supporting the State’s writers and advocating on their behalf.
- Have your say in the organisation, attend and vote at Annual General Meetings or nominate for the Committee of Management.
- Get member discounts from our partner organisations.
Don’t forget, if you earn an income from your writing this year you can use your Writers Victoria membership and course fees as a tax deduction for professional development expenses.
Membership fees are non-refundable. Benefits may change from time to time.