Writers Victoria is all about writing. With members throughout Victoria (and beyond), we are the state’s largest organisation supporting Victorian writers. For more than three decades, Writers Victoria has been a leading provider of information, resources and skills development for our members and the broader writing community. We welcome writers at all stages of their development from those just starting out, to those of you who are emerging or established.
As a member, not only do your membership fees go towards providing representation and advocacy on issues affecting the Victorian writing community, you’ll be part of our large and growing community of writers, and you’ll have access to member benefits such as:
- Discounts on courses, manuscript assessments, mentorships and writer’s studios;
- ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine in either a digital or print edition;
- Fortnightly member newsletter filled with writing news, events and opportunities;
- Information, advice and guidance from the Writers Victoria team;
- Access to a place to write in our library;
- Representation and advocacy on issues affecting Victorian writers;
- and discounts from our partners.
Membership for an individual writer.
- Access to all of our extensive member benefits
- Concession, regional, and overseas options
Membership for writing groups, organisations, and non-profits.
- Access to all of our extensive member benefits, plus additional group membership benefits
For Young Writers
Joint membership with Express Media, for writers under 25.
- Joint membership to Express Media and Writers Victoria, with access to both of our membership benefits