Join Laurel Cohn for an online writing course on drafting your manuscript.
The key to getting the most out of your next draft is understanding the role structural editing plays in manuscript development, how to go about it, and how to survive it. Laurel guides you through her five-step approach, providing strategies and tools, and explores the challenging inner terrain that underlies critical engagement with your own work. Time between sessions allows you to put into practice the concepts covered and start working on your next draft. This course will take place online, via Zoom.
- Sunday 9 October, 10am-4pm
- Sunday 30 October, 10am-4pm
- Sunday 27 November, 10am-4pm
You Will Learn
- An understanding of what structural editing entails.
- Specific tools for writers to undertake a structural edit of their own work following a step-by-step approach.
- How synopsis writing can be a great development tool.
- Strategies for chapter and scene outlines.
- An appreciation of the emotional ups and downs of manuscript development.
About the Tutor
Laurel Cohn is a book editor passionate about communication and the power of stories in our lives. As a developmental editor, assessor and writing coach she has been helping writers prepare their work for publication for over three decades. She is a regular workshop presenter for Writers Victoria, Writing NSW, Queensland Writers Centre and Byron Writers Festival. She has a PhD in Literary and Cultural Studies. www.laurelcohn.com.au