Phone: 03 9094 7855
Level 3, The Wheeler Centre
176 Little Lonsdale Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Office and library are open Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm.
There is a staircase and an access ramp at the main front entrance to The Wheeler Centre. The access ramp starts 20 metres from the main front entrance, towards Russell St.
Our closest tram stops are:
- Stop Number 6 on the corner of La Trobe Street and Swanston Street. Tram numbers: 1, 3, 3a, 5, 6, 8, 16, 24, 30, 35, 64, 67, 72.
- Stop Number 8, Melbourne Central, Swanston Street. Tram numbers: 1, 3, 3a, 5, 6, 8, 16, 64, 67, 72. Accessibility: Raised platform, tactile paths.
Nearest station: Melbourne Central Railway Station
Route numbers: 200, 201, 202, 203, 205, 207, 250, 251, 253, 302, 303, 305, 309, 318, 340, 605, 905, 906, 907, 908. All routes stop on or near Lonsdale Street within 250m of The Wheeler Centre
If you are driving to an event at Writers Victoria, please note there is limited free parking available. There are, however, a number of carparks in the area with competitive rates.
- QV Square at 180 Lonsdale Street (enter via Lonsdale Street, Little Lonsdale Street and Russell Street).
- Wilson Parking at Melbourne Central on Swanston Street (enter via Lonsdale Street or La Trobe Street)
- Wilson Parking at 22-44 A'Beckett Street
The City of Melbourne also has a comprehensive explanation of parking in the city on their website for more information.
There is limited on-street parking for Parking Permit holders at:
- Little Lonsdale Street, between Swanston Street and Russell Street (2 spaces, 2 hour parking)
- Lonsdale Street, between Swanston Street and Russell Street (2 spaces, 2 hour parking)
- La Trobe Street, between Swanston Street and Russell Street (3 spaces, 2 hour parking)
You can find many answers to general writing and publishing questions on this website.
Please feel free to drop in, give us a call, or send a general enquiry via the form below. Please allow up to five business days to hear from us about your enquiry.