You will learn:
- How to ‘sketch’ an idea, from the moment of stimulation to the page
- The qualities that produce a successful short story
- The vitality of plot, character and structure
- The importance of place/landscape as character within a story
- The importance of discovering your own ‘method’ and work ethic as a writer
About Mark Smith
Mark Smith lives on Victoria’s Surf Coast. His debut novel, The Road To Winter, was published in 2016. The sequel, Wilder Country, won the 2018 Australian Indie Book Award for YA. The third book in the trilogy, Land Of Fences was released in June of 2020. Mark is also an award winning writer of short fiction, with credits including the 2015 Josephine Ulrick Literature Prize and the 2013 Alan Marshall Short Story Prize, and his work has appeared in Best Australian Stories, Review of Australian Fiction, The Big Issue, The Victorian Writer and The Australian.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.