This session will take place online, via Writers Victoria’s online platform.
You will Learn:
- How to modulate scenes into 'encounters' that can be experienced in any order
- World-building from a video game perspective
- What writing advice doesn't translate to interactive storytelling
- How to craft your own interactive fiction
- How to use Twine, a free browser-based program to map out interactive stories
About Leena van Deventer
Leena van Deventer is a writer, game developer, and educator from Melbourne. In 2013 she co-founded WiDGET, a support group for women and non-binary game developers with over 800 members. In 2016 she co-authored "Game Changers: From Minecraft to Misogyny, the fight for the future of videogames" for Affirm Press with Dr. Dan Golding. Leena was on the curatorial advisory committee for ACMI's "Code Breakers" exhibition, and is the Deputy-Chair of the Games and Interactive Advisory Committee for the Australian Writers Guild. Leena also sits on the Board of Directors of the Victorian Women's Trust, and is currently completing her Masters in Arts Management at RMIT University.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.