This workshop will be delivered online. Detailed instructions for participating will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, and guidance on developing story arcs in low word counts
- An annotated reading list to contextualise your learnings
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from AS Patric on a piece of writing up to 500 words
- An understanding of efficiency and power in story design.
- Distinguishing essential narrative elements, such as narrative plot from story arc.
- A better feeling for the craft involved in developing propulsive narrative systems.
- Identifying ways momentum can be generated in character development.
- A practical knowledge of a productive writing process for short stories.
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with AS Patric
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with AS Patric
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces provided to AS Patric for feedback
About AS Patric
A.S. Patric's debut novel won the 2016 Miles Franklin, but before Black Rock White City won Australia’s most prestigious award, he published two story collections: Las Vegas for Vegans (shortlisted in the 2013 Queensland Literary Awards) and The Rattler & other stories. His stories individually are winners of the Ned Kelly Award and the Booranga Prize and twice published in Best Australian Stories. In November 2018 he published his third collection The Butcherbird Stories.