This workshop will be presented online. Detailed instructions for participating
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- An annotated reading list to provide context to your learnings
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Chelsea on a piece of writing up to 500 words
You will learn:
- How to plot your original pilot episode or a spec script (for an existing show)
- How to develop character through theme and plot
- How to define each story strand
- How to structure characters and stories that will have longevity over a full season
- How to develop the skills to work in a story room
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Chelsea Cassio
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Chelsea Cassio
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Cheslea for feedback
About Chelsea Cassio
Chelsea’s writing credits include HOME & AWAY, NEIGHBOURS, THE DOCTOR BLAKE MYSTERIES and SECRET BRIDESMAIDS' BUSINESS amongst others. Her short film IMAGINARY FRIEND sold to the ABC and her original television series concepts have sold to Hoodlum Entertainment, Seven Studios and Atlantic Nomad in Los Angeles. Chelsea’s original scripts have also awarded her spots at the L.A. Scriptapalooza TV Pilot Competition, Tropfest Film Festival and The Hope Awards to name a few.
Not a member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.