You will learn:
- how to use tension and suspense to grip readers from beginning to end
- Different narrative structures and how to choose a structure that works best for your story
- How to use atmospheric settings to drive the narrative forward
- Developing and reworking drafts
- How to write intriguing characters
- Using secrets and lies to create intriguing and complex characters
- Finding and developing a killer twist in your story
About JP Pomare
JP Pomare is the bestselling author of thrillers Call Me Evie and In The Clearing. He has received and been short listed for a number of prizes including the KYD Unpublished Manuscript Prize, Ellen Kemp Memorial Prize, Sheila Malady Prize, and The Kingi Mckinnon Scholarship. His work has appeared in numerous journals and publications including Kill Your Darlings, Mascara Literary Review, The New Zealand Listener, The Lifted Brow, Meanjin and Takahe. He also hosts and produces the podcast On Writing.
Not a member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.