- To develop a story in a way that makes the ending easier to write.
- How to reveal the change in your characters in a subtle way.
- The role of setting in ending your story.
- Crafting that final sentence.
- Avoiding the predictable ending.
About Mark Smith
Mark Smith’s debut novel, The Road to Winter, was published in 2016. The sequel, Wilder Country, won the 2018 Australian Indie Book award for YA. His third novel, Land of Fences was released in June 2019. Mark is also an award winning writer of short fiction, with credits including the Josephine in Ulrick Literature Prize and the Alan Marshall Short Story prize, and his work has appeared in best Australian Stories, the Big Issue, The Victorian Writer and The Australian.
Not a member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.