Some of the 16 'rules' are obvious and well known, some are subtle and complex but all of them will give you a sound toolkit to make you a better memoir writer. Rules are often made to be broken but these 16 guides make for great memoir writing – ignore them at your peril! All 16 can be applied to short memoir pieces or full-length memoirs.
You will learn
- What makes a memoir fresh and unputdownable,
- what makes a memoir flat and uninteresting for readers, publishers and agents,
- how to use standard fiction-writing techniques to make your memoir sing,
- how tiny details and universal themes are the key to great memoir writing,
- how to have fun and keep yourself safe while writing memoir.
About Sarah Vincent
Sarah Vincent is a graduate of the scriptwriting course at The Victorian College of the Arts and of The Professional Writing and Editing program at RMIT. Her memoir, 'Death By Dim Sim' was published by Penguin Random House in March 2017. Sarah has had a long association with Writers Victoria in a previous role as Memberships Officer.