This introductory course explains the differences between the three editing processes, and how they are applied to all types of publications.
This half-day course includes the following:
- Introduction to the structural editing process: developing a strong internal structure for documents. This includes transitional devices and signposts for ensuring a cohesive and clear progression of discourse.
- Introduction to the copy editing process: developing clear, meaningful, and readable documents for effective communication. This includes identifying common grammatical and punctuation errors.
- Introduction to proofreading: you will be provided with the proofreader’s checklist.
Please bring pen and paper, or your laptop if you prefer.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who needs to review, revise, and edit their own or others' writing to improve clarity, effectiveness, and readability.
You will learn
- when and how to apply the three stages of the editing process
- how to identify and correct common errors in writing
- how to clarify ambiguous, misleading, or unclear sentences
- the fundamentals of proofreading with a checklist.
This workshop is part of our Business Writing program. It develops employment-related skills.
Read Nicolas's tips on effective copywriting in the workplace.
About Nicolas Di Tempora
Nicolas Di Tempora is a professional copywriter and editor and a qualified educator, who works with a diverse range of commercial, government, academic, social, and not-for-profit organisations.
He divides his commitments between freelance writing, editing and designing, and delivering professional development courses to professional communicators.
His qualifications include BA (English Literature and History), Monash University; Dip Ed (Humanities), Monash University; Advanced Diploma Professional Screenwriting (Film, Television and Digital Media), RMIT; Certificate IV Training and Assessment, CAE and Swinburne University. He is a member of Writers Victoria and the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd).
Read more about our Business Writing workshops:
176 Little Lonsdale St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Corporate or Government||$ 265.00|