Find out how to ‘read as a writer’, put these skills to work with practical exercises, and go away armed with the tools to continue to improve your skills, target particular areas of weakness, and take charge of your own development.
You will learn
- the techniques of reading as a writer
- to understand and be able to isolate and analyse the central elements of narrative (e.g. structure, perspective, character, dialogue, style etc.)
- to identify areas of weakness and apply the skills learned to your own work through practical exercises.
- the techniques and confidence to continue this process outside of the workshop
- to become your own creative writing teacher.
About Emily Bitto
Emily Bitto’s debut novel 'The Strays', was the winner of the 2015 Stella Prize, and has been published in the UK, the US, and Canada. She has a Masters in Literary Studies and a PhD in Creative Writing from the University of Melbourne. She has been a sessional lecturer, tutor and supervisor in literary studies and creative writing since 2007. Emily also co-owns and runs Carlton wine-bar, Heartattack and Vine.
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|