Yet voice and narration are distinct entities. Voice is the mood, the weather, of the work. Narration is the skill of turning yourself into a compelling character. Unpack these two complex concepts through theory, discussion and examples, and practice developing powerful voice and narration through writing exercises.
You will learn
- to understand the concept of writer’s voice
- techniques to developing and sustaining your unique voice
- the differences between you-in-life and you-on-the-page
- how to make yourself into a compelling character
- how to gain the necessary distance to write about yourself.
About Lee Kofman
Lee Kofman is an author of four books, including the memoir 'The Dangerous Bride' (Melbourne University Press), and co-editor of 'Rebellious Daughters' (Ventura Press), an anthology of prominent memoirists. Her short works have been widely published in Australia, UK, Scotland, Israel, Canada and US. Her blog was a finalist for Best Australian Blogs 2014. She’s currently writing creative nonfiction book to be published by Affirm Press.
Memoir in a Year
Read more about our Memoir in a Year workshops, or save 10% on the full package of ten
|Concession Member||$ 80.00|