Receive direct feedback from your tutor and fellow course participants with this email correspondence course.
Stories of up to 1,500 words due midnight Wednesdays 26 July, 30 August, 27 September, 25 October, 29 November
You will learn
- how to identify and fully explore the themes hiding in your story
- how to put the right authorial voice to work to tell your story
- how to strengthen the dynamics in each scene
- how to balance decorative vs functional details
- how to be ruthless during the editing process.
About Steven Amsterdam
Steven Amsterdam’s work has appeared in ‘The Age’, ‘Best Australian Stories’, ‘Heat’, ‘Overland’, ‘Meanjin’, ‘The Sleepers Almanac’ and ‘Torpedo’. ‘Things We Didn’t See Coming’ was ‘The Age’ Book of the Year and ‘What the Family Needed’ was longlisted for the International IMPAC award. His new novel, ‘The Easy Way Out’, was released in September and longlisted for the Miles Franklin Literary Award.
Read more about our other online courses, digital intensives, clinics and webinars:
|Concession Member||$ 240.00|