Discover how to find hidden stories in historical collections. Engage in writing exercises and discussion to find the story you have been searching for, or develop your own project further. Presented in association with the National Trust of Australia (Victoria) for the Australian Heritage Festival.
You will learn
- discover how to use historical characters, artefacts and images as inspiration
- discuss the tensions between historical fact and fiction
- how to uncover hidden women’s voices in history
- develop voice, character, place and dialogue
- how to use online archives, collections and places for historical research
About Kate Mildenhall
Kate Mildenhall is a writer and teacher. Her education work has taken her into schools, universities, volunteering with Teachers Across Borders in Cambodia and, currently, into State Library Victoria. Her debut novel ‘Skylarking’ was published in August 2016.
Having a Voice
Read more about events in our Having a Voice series:
2 Manor Grove
Caulfield North, VIC 3161
|Event registration fee|
|WV/NTAV Concession Member||$ 135.00|
|WV/NTAV Member||$ 145.00|