This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
You Will Learn To:
- Manage a narrative time-line in a novel
- Use the principle of "show, don't tell" to differentiate your timelines
- Use real events in history to create a framework for a novel
- Use dramatic licence to enhance a plot
- Manage multiple time-lines and balance the ebb and flow of narrative tension
About Victoria Purman
Victoria Purman is an Australian Top Ten and USA Today bestselling fiction author. Her most recent novel, The Women’s Pages, was published in September 2020. She is a regular guest at writers festivals, is a workshop presenter and was a judge in the fiction category for the 2018 Adelaide Festival Awards for Literature.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.