This workshop will be presented online. All participants will be provided with detailed instructions for participation.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of guidance, information, and directed teaching
- A curated reading list for context and inspiration
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Julie on a piece of writing up to 500 words
You will learn:
about ways in which writers have experimented with short stories in the past
how to get into an experimental mindset
how to find your own approach to experimentation
how to tackle issues arising during the process of writing an experimental story
how to stay true to your unique voice against the odds
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Julie Koh
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Julie Koh
- 1 - 3pm: Lunch break and extended writing exercises to apply information to experience
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Julie for feedback
About Julie Koh
Julie Koh is the author of Capital Misfits and Portable Curiosities. The latter was shortlisted for several awards and led to Julie being named a 2017 Sydney Morning Herald Best Young Australian Novelist. Her short stories have been published widely, including in Best Australian Stories and Best Australian Comedy Writing. She has written radio plays for ABC Radio National and the libretto for the opera Chop Chef. She was a judge for the 2018 Stella Prize.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a subscription of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.