The YA Room
Summary:YA Day is back in 2019 with an even bigger program! Come along to hear from 15 amazing Aussie YA authors about everything from how to create suspense in a novel, to things they wish they knew before they had their first book published. Ever wondered what goes on inside the mind of a crime author? Want to learn more about what agents are looking for and how to get your book into the world? With an event bookseller, merch, and giveaways, it's going to be an unmissable day.
Thanks to a generous donation from Jay Kristoff, there are three free YA Day passes for writers who hold health care cards. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Program of events:
- 10.00 - Official start time, Welcome and Housekeeping
- 10.15 - Panel 1: Keep Them in Suspense, with Fleur Ferris, Anna Snoekstra, and Sarah Epstein
- 11.15 - Panel 2: It’s Alive! with Danielle Binks, Nina Kenwood, and Ellie Marney
- 12.15 - Panel 3: Spectacular SF/F, with Amie Kaufman, Astrid Scholte, and Jodi McAlister
- 1.05 - Book signing with authors from first three panels and lunch .
- 1.50 - #LoveOzYA
- 2.00 - Panel 4: Ask an Author Anything, with Michael Earp, Alison Evans, and Katya de Becerra,
- 3.00 - Panel 5: First Drafts Suck, with Will Kostakis, Jay Kristoff, and Lili Wilkinson
- 3:45 - Book signing with authors from the last two panels commence
- 4:15 close
About The YA Room
The YA Room is a Melbourne-based Young Adult book club. Hosted by Sarah Robinson-Hatch, Shaun Goodhue, and Bianca Breen, they meet once a month to discuss their Book of the Month. They also host a variety of events, from book launches, to movie nights, to picnics. When they're not busy tackling their massive TBRs, Sarah, Shaun and Bianca can be found scheming up their next event over tea and scones or swooning over the latest YA adaptations.