Writers Victoria, with the support of The Myer Foundation, is delighted to announce the recipients of Round 7 of the Neilma Sidney Literary Travel Fund.
The judges for this round were author Ronnie Gorrie, writer and editor Radhiah Chowdhury, and publisher and previous Neilma Sidney Literary Travel Fund recipient Arwen Summers. The judges were impressed with the overall quality of the applications in what was a competitive round, awarding a total of $48,510 to the 10 recipients.
- Poet Jazz Money, awarded for travel to attend the 2022 Edinburgh International Literary Festival, and to embark on a UK & Ireland tour.
- Writer Micaela Sahhar, awarded for travel to Palestine to research and develop her manuscript, Encyclopaedia of a Palestinian Family.
- Writer Yen Pham, for attending the MFA in Fiction at the Iowa Writers’ Workshop.
- Poet and writer Sara Saleh, awarded for travel to Beirut, Lebanon, to conduct research for her poetry manuscript The Flirtation of Girls.
- Writer, editor, and Creative Director of the Centre for Stories Robert Wood, awarded for travel to Singapore for career and community development opportunities.
- Poet Nicole Lee, awarded for travel to attend the 2022 Tin House Summer Workshop.
- Writer Alison Gibbs, awarded for a week-long visit to Lithgow, NSW, to undertake research for her second novel.
- Writer Susan Francis, awarded for travel to the National Library of Australia to research the Papers of Jill Jolliffe, where they relate to the Balibo Five.
- Writer and editor Eileen Herbert-Goodall, awarded for travel to Perth to participate in the Australian Short Story Festival 2022.
- Writer Aimee Knight, awarded for travel to the United States to complete the research and interviews needed to complete her creative nonfiction manuscript, Big Henson Energy, about American filmmaker and puppeteer Jim Henson.
Thank you to everyone who applied for funding this round, to our wonderful judges, and to The Myer Foundation for making this fund possible.
For more information about the Neilma Sidney Literary Travel Fund, visit this page.