Over the last weeks, we have begun implementing the final stages of upgrading our database and launching the members-only section of our website.
We have been working hard to ensure the transition goes as smoothly as possible, but there are a number of glitches that we are still working out with our developers.
You should have received an automated email telling you how to log into the new site. If you haven't, you can use your email address to reset your password in My Account.
You may have noticed upon logging in that the system said you had only been a member since last week. Please rest assured that was a presentation issue and only a representation of how long you've had an account on the new system. It should not have been removed, and we still have all of your full membership history within the database.
We appreciate your patience and feedback while we are working through these final issues.
Most of the system is already up and running. Among other things, these changes will allow you to:
- More easily update your contact details or renew your membership.
- Connect with our WV member community in the Member Directory.
- Add your own opportunities and competitions to the Calendar.
- Add your own milestones or classifieds to the Member Noticeboard.
- Search past editions of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine, which you will start to see appearing behind the Members' Only paywall.
Thanks again for bearing with us as we go through the process. And please don’t hesitate to let us know if you experience any difficulties.