Glenfern is a Gothic mansion in St Kilda East that stands in a peaceful garden, surrounded by century-old pines.
Since 2006, Glenfern has opened its doors to writers, providing them with intimate and quiet spaces, where they can tap away, hidden from the distractions of everyday life.
The Glenfern Writers' Studios have been made possible by a joint initiative of the National Trust of Australia (VIC) and Writers Victoria.
The studios are open to writers of all genres – fiction, non-fiction, poetry, play, film and television – as well as education and academic writers. Writers can be at any stage: beginning, emerging or established.
There are nine studio spaces available to rent for periods of either 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. Residencies may commence at the start of January, April, July or October.
Rates for the studios are low and annual Fellowships are available to help pay for the cost of a studio.
For more information
- About Glenfern: the history of Glenfern
- About the studios: terms and conditions, rates and facilities offered
- Getting to Glenfern: location and directions
- Floor plans and photos: size, location and a sneak-peak at the studios
- Fellowships: for further information
- Contact us: for more information or to discuss your booking
Book a studio
Glenfern Writers Studios is currently full. To be added to the waitlist, please email Danny.