Book a half- and one-day training course on Persuasive Writing with Jacinta Cubis.
Writing is critical to persuade people to do something. Change legislation. Inspire local action. Grant funds. Win a client. Support your cause. Or just get a meeting so you can outline your argument in person. It doesn’t matter who you’re trying to persuade or what format you’re using to convince them. Use real examples and your own work to identify and practise the key elements of persuasive writing needed to convince the reader.
Who should attend?
People in community, government and corporate sectors who write policy briefs and position papers to influence a board, the government or your manager; submissions to enquiries; proposals to win partners, sponsors or clients; or grant applications.
- Learn the key elements of persuasive writing.
- Find out how to align your writing with the readers’ interests.
- Learn how to critique your own and others’ writing so that it is as persuasive as possible.
- Learn how to change a lengthy, dense piece of writing into something lean and punchy.
- Learn how to turn wordy emails and letters into persuasive pitches.
About Jacinta Cubis
Jacinta Cubis helps organisations manage partnerships that tackle social problems. Jacinta honed her writing skills in the fast-paced environment of an international development agency and government public affairs. Writing remains central to her work. Her portfolio features a diverse range of communication, policy and campaign materials, covering topics such as cycling safety, mental health, positive ageing, death and dying, international development, and disability. Jacinta has qualifications in corporate social responsibility, international relations and communications. An exceptional facilitator and presenter, she has held leadership roles in the higher education, government and community sectors.
How to book
One-day courses from $4,000 (less than $350 per person). Download our Business Writing brochure, or call us for a quote today.
For more information or to book your next course, email Deanne or call 03 9094 7855.
You can also ask us about:
- Holding your training day at Writers Victoria in Central Melbourne
- Designing a bespoke training course to meet your needs.