Write-ability Goes Regional and Online is a three-year program for aspiring writers with disability living in regional Victoria.
Writers Victoria is currently looking for a Local Mentor to facilitate and administer a Moe-based writers group in the Inner Gippsland NDIS region on a work-from home basis (contract position).
Duration: March 2018 to October 2018
Hours: Contract: 50 hours (2 full days in March plus approximately four hours per month from March to October)
Fee: $3,000 + GST if applicable (includes travel costs to and from activities)
Location: This position will be undertaken on a work-from-home basis and through a number of events within Moe venues
Reports to: WGRO Project Officer
Program and Services
- Attend day of training in Moe on Tuesday 6 March 2018.
- Attend Own Voices forum in Moe on Wednesday 7 March 2018.
- Facilitate the local Write-ability Goes Regional Writers Group sessions in March - one session per month for eight months. Dates are: 21 March, 18 April, 16 May, 20 June, 18 July, 15 August, 19 September and 17 October 2018 from 11am-1pm (including 2 hour session and 2 hours prep/admin per month).
- Provide information, advice and mentoring/guidance to Write-ability participants through writing group sessions.
- Liaise with Write-ability tutors, workshop leaders, mentors and venue partners.
- WGRO Writers Group administration.
- Provide administrative support to writing group sessions (including set-up of AV and webinars).
- Provide monthly wrap-up of project outcomes to date for Project Officer and Mentor.
- Maintain electronic and hard-copy filing systems.
Additional duties as required.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision (preferably in a remote office environment).
- Strong communication and public presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated experience liaising with people at all levels (from writers, artists and industry professionals to members, participants and volunteers).
- Good computing skills.
- Experience in a similar role and familiarity with the Victorian and Australian literature sector.
- Knowledge of and connections to writing and disability communities in the Inner Gippsland region.
Write-ability is a disability-led literary project. Writers Victoria will prioritise applications from people with disability living in Inner Gippsland for this role.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter (no more than two A4 pages) outlining how you meet the selection criteria along with a copy of your CV by:
- Email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Writers Victoria, Level 3, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Applications must be received by Writers Victoria by 9am on Monday 29 January 2018.
Application due date: 9am, Monday 29 January 2018
Interviews: Week beginning 13 February 2018 (via Skype)
Start date: Early March 2018
This project has been assisted by the Australian government through the Department of Communication and the Arts’ Catalyst—Australian Arts and Culture Fund.
This role will be advertised for Outer Gippsland in coming months.