- Develop a body of comics or graphic narrative work;
- Engage constructively with expert feedback;
- Apply a variety of comics language and skills, including panels and speech bubbles
- Learn how to successfully draft comics work, using techniques including thumbnails, sketches, and sharp self-editing
- Identify and develop ideas or themes in your work, and a strong visual style;
- Learn to read critically and to draw inspiration from comics contemporaries
Pieces of up to 1500 words in comics script/written draft form, or 6 to 8 pages of drafted comics pages. due 11:55pm Mondays 31 January, 28 February, 28 March, 25 April, 30 May
About Eloise Grills
Eloise Grills is the author of the illustrated essay collection, big beautiful female theory (2022, Affirm Press), the graphic novel Sexy Female Murderesses (2018, Glom Press) and the poetry collection If you’re sexy and you know it slap your hams (2019, Subbed In). Eloise is the recipient of many grants, fellowships, and awards. She recently won the prestigious Melbourne Prize. She has a Master of Creative Writing, Editing and Publishing from Melbourne University.
|Concession Member||$ 240.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.