This online course actively encourages sharing of your work with your cohort as well as with the tutor.
Pieces of up to 2000 words due 11:55pm Wednesdays 28 July, 25 August, 22 September, 20 October, 24 November.
- How to sharpen dialogue so that it does the most work in the fewest words
- How to build characters that readers will care deeply about
- How to reveal plot in satisfying increments over the long haul
- How to critically analyse your own language
- How to work with – and not over-use – the tropes that make for addictive crime stories.
About Jock Serong
Jock Serong is the author of five novels, a former criminal lawyer and the founding editor of Great Ocean Quarterly. His work has received multiple awards, including a Ned Kelly for Best First Crime, for his debut novel, Quota. Jock is currently working on the third novel in his Furneaux trilogy of historical fiction stories about the Bass Strait islands.
|Concession Member||$ 240.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.