This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
You will learn:
- How other writers have written nonhuman animals
- How to read and write for animals
- How you might depict nonhuman animals in your fiction
- How representation and anthropomorphism play out in animal fiction
- How to develop nonhuman animal–driven narratives
About Laura Jean McKay
Laura Jean McKay is the author of The Animals in That Country (Scribe 2020) - winner of the Victorian Premier's Literary Award for Fiction and the Victorian Prize for Literature 2021. She is also the author of Holiday in Cambodia (Black Inc., 2013). Laura is a Lecturer in Creative Writing at Massey University.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.