You will learn:
- How to workshop to develop your writing and writing projects.
- How to give and receive constructive feedback.
- How to apply feedback to your own work to improve it.
- How to find workshopping opportunities.
- How to workshop your writing – this is a practical component of the session, allowing participants to workshop their own work and to provide feedback to other writers.
Please bring a piece of writing – fiction or non-fiction (800 – 1200 words long) to workshop with the group. This may be a complete work or part of a longer piece of writing. It may also be at any stage of development, from a first to final draft or somewhere in-between.
About Emily Brewin
Emily Brewin is a Melbourne author. Her first novel, Hello, Goodbye, was published in 2017 and her second, Small Blessings, in 2019, both with Allen & Unwin. Her short stories have been published in a number of anthologies, including We’ll Stand In That Place and Other Stories by Margaret River Press and the Bristol Short Story Prize anthology. She has written for The Age, Meanjin, Kill Your Darlings, Archer, Feminartsy, The Victorian Writer and Mamamia.
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.