This workshop will take place online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
Please note this workshop is for writers who have a substantial piece of writing completed or underway. Please bring along your work-in-progress to the workshop.
You Will Learn:
- Story structure principles that have stood the test of time
- How to identify your story’s vital organs: theme, major dramatic question and central event
- The value of chapter and scene outlines and how to do them
- Visual strategies to understand the structure of your current draft
- Strategies on how to strengthen the structure of your current draft
About Laurel Cohn
Laurel Cohn is a book editor passionate about communication and the power of stories in our lives. As a developmental editor, assessor and writing coach she has been helping writers prepare their work for publication for over three decades. She is a regular workshop presenter for Writers Victoria, Writing NSW, Queensland Writers Centre and Byron Writers Festival. She has a PhD in Literary and Cultural Studies. www.laurelcohn.com.au
Not a Member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus a year's subscription to ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.