This workshop will be conducted online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Leah on a piece of writing up to 500 words
- The necessary tools to synthesise scientific discovery with creative writing, tying together diverse skill sets.
- Understanding that science can be a potent source of inspiration for plot, narrative, language and character.
- Explore unexpected source material to make your writing feel alive and fresh.
- Imagine and generate new, exciting work, no matter in which genre you write.
- Expand your scientific vocabulary and knowledge for use in your writing.
About Leah Kaminsky
Leah Kaminsky’s debut novel The Waiting Room won the Voss Literary Prize. The Hollow Bones won the 2019 International Book Awards in both Literary Fiction & Historical Fiction categories, and the 2019 Best Book Awards for Literary Fiction. We’re all Going to Die is ‘a joyful book about death’. She edited Writer MD and co-authored Cracking the Code. Stitching Things Together was a finalist in the Anne Elder Poetry Award. She holds an MFA in Fiction from Vermont College of Fine Arts. You can find her at www.leahkaminsky.com
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.