This workshop will be presented online. Detailed information for participation will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- An annotated reading list to provide context to your learnings
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Marisa on a piece of writing up to 500 words
You will learn:
- What work exists out there and how you can use your writing skills.
- The different styles and rules and formats needed for different kinds of writing, clients and audiences.
- How to balance the time it will take against what you will be paid.
- The groups to join to network in and where to find clients and work.
- How to manage multiple types of work and income.
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Marisa Wikramanayake
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Marisa Wikramanayake
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Marisa for feedback
About Marisa Wikramanayake
Marisa is a freelance journalist, editor and writer who has had a long history of dabbling in everything possible under the sun. They have reported on the campaign trail, hosted interviews and podcasts, written copy and content, edited and reviewed books and proofread everything all in the name of keeping the cat fed. Sometimes they get to do their own creative writing. Mostly they get scratched by the cat who takes over the office chair.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Melbourne, VIC 3000