This workshop will be run online. Detailed instructions for participation will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, education, industry insider advice, tricks and tips
- An annotated reading list to provide context to your learnings
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Lynne on a piece of writing up to 500 words
You will learn:
How to take your burning question and develop a proposal and plan.
Why not knowing (but finding out) can lead to a highly readable manuscript.
How the quirky experiences on your discovery journey are the key to lively writing.
Why thinking about marketing from the start is a valuable practice.
How to use others to fine tune the questions you should be asking on your quest.
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Lynne Kelly
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Lynne Kelly
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Lynne for feedback
About Lynne Kelly
Lynne Kelly had nightmares about spiders and an appallingly bad memory. She wrote about spiders and now loves them. She explored the way Indigneous cultures memorise a vast amount of practical information without writing. She can now memorise almost anything. Lynne is a science writer and Honorary Research Associate at LaTrobe University. She is the author of 18 books including Spiders: learning to love them, The Memory Code and Memory Craft.
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.