It is an expected part of these clinics to share your work with and provide constructive feedback to your cohort of clinic participants.
Pieces of no more than 1000 words due by 11:55pm on Thursdays 23 July, 20 August, 24 September, 22 October, 19 November
Tutor feedback returned Thursdays 30 July, 27 August, 1 October, 29 October, 26 November
You will learn:
- Different strategies to improve your writing.
- Giving your manuscript the best chance to be ready to submit to a publisher.
- Specific techniques to apply when drafting your work.
- How to take your writing to the next level.
- A greater understanding of the editorial process.
About Jane Godwin
Jane Godwin is a highly acclaimed author of over twenty-five books for children, across all styles and ages. Her work is published internationally and she has received many commendations, including the Queensland Premier's Award (Children's Books), the Aurealis Award and the Animal Welfare Award, and shortlistings in the CBC Book of the Year Awards, the Prime Minister’s Literary Award, the New South Wales State Literary Award (Patricia Wrightson Prize) the YABBA Awards, the Speech Pathology Awards, The Family Award for Children’s Books, and the Australian Book Industry Awards. For many years, Jane worked as the Children’s Publisher at Penguin Books Australia.
|Concession Member||$ 240.00|