This workshop will be presented online. Detailed instructions for participating will be provided.
Included in this course:
- 2.5 hours of information, suggestions, writing tips and learned lessons
- Annotated resources and reading materials
- Writing exercises to help hone your craft and reinforce your new skills
- 1 hour interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and skills extension
- Personalised feedback from Emma on a piece of writing of no more than 500 words
If there are any specific questions or areas you'd like Emma to discuss, please email them to email@example.com two weeks prior to the workshop.
You will learn how to:
- Find publishing opportunities
- Balance creative work and life
- Build a writing career
- Find creative support
- Apply for grants and mentorships
Schedule for the Day:
- 10 - 11:15am: First webinar with Emma Viskic
- 11:45am - 1pm: Second webinar with Emma Viskic
- 3 - 4pm: Interactive webinar for questions, clarifications, and more casual instructions based on your experiences
- 500-word pieces to be sent to Emma for feedback
About Emma Viskic
Emma Viskic’s critically acclaimed Caleb Zelic series has been published worldwide. RESURRECTION BAY won the 2016 Ned Kelly Award for Best First Fiction and an unprecedented three Davitt Awards. It was shortlisted for the UK’s prestigious Gold Dagger and New Blood Awards, and was iBooks Australia’s 2015 Crime Novel of the Year. AND FIRE CAME DOWN won the 2018 Davitt Award and was longlisted for the Dublin International Literary Award. Her third novel, DARKNESS FOR LIGHT, is out now.
Not a member?
If you’re purchasing a full price workshop at $215, consider a full price one-year membership ($75) plus member-priced workshop ($155) will cost just $230 and give you discounts on all our services plus six free copies of ‘The Victorian Writer’ magazine.
And if you have a concession card, a one-year membership ($55) plus member-concession workshop ($135) will cost you only $190.