Participants are encouraged to bring along a laptop or manuscript to work from, if possible.
You will learn
- techniques for stepping back from the work
- about identifying personal tics
- about using paper and electronic editing
- about structural vs copy editing
- about recognising vulnerabilities in the work.
About Paddy O'Reilly
Paddy O’Reilly is the author of three novels and two short story collections. Her work has won awards and been published in Australia, the UK and the USA.
Writers on Wednesdays
Check out the other seminars in our Writers on Wednesdays series:
- Writers on Wednesdays – Playing with Words with David Astle, May
- Writers on Wednesdays – Social Media for Writers with Katie Evans, June
- Writers on Wednesdays – Your Book Publishing Options with Dr Euan Mitchell, July
- Writers on Wednesdays – What Judges Want with Toni Jordan, August
- Writers on Wednesdays – Working the Slush Pile with Marie Alafaci, September
- Writers on Wednesdays – Editing Your Own Work with Paddy O'Reilly, October
- Writers on Wednesdays – Motivation with Catherine Deveny, November
|Concession Member||$ 30.00|