You will learn:
- the difference between memoir and autobiography and why it matters
- how using your memoir as an argument ties your work together
- research techniques and approaches to strengthen your writing
- how to help readers find context so they can see how your life relates to theirs
- the way to bring a marketing angle to your work when pitching to publishers
About Ruth Clare
Ruth Clare’s memoir, Enemy, sparked a bidding war between five of the largest publishers in Australia, won the Asher Literary Award and has been made into an audiobook. Ruth has been a copywriter for over a decade, and is also a TED x and keynote speaker. Her work has appeared in journals and magazines such as Meanjin, Elle and The Good Weekend.
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.