Pieces of up to 1,500 words due 11:59pm Wednesdays 29 January, 26 February, 25 March, 22 April, 20 May. Feedback will be returned Thursdays 6 February, 5 March, 2 April, 30 April, 28 May
- Features and expectations of memoir
- Using memoir writing techniques: composites, timeline compression, name changes, dialogue, point of view, tense
- Using narrative writing techniques: descriptive detail, five senses, major and minor characters and characterisation
- How to structure a stand-alone chapter/memoir and submit for publication
- Writing obstacles: researching, protecting yourself and others during the writing process, supports to help you keep writing, finding your brand, networking.
About Amra Pajalic
Amra Pajalic’s memoir Things Nobody Knows But Me is published by Transit Lounge (2019.) Her debut novel The Good Daughter (Text Publishing, 2009) won the 2009 Melbourne Prize for Literature's Civic Choice Award and she is co-editor of the anthology Growing up Muslim in Australia (Allen and Unwin, 2019). She works as a high school teacher and is completing a PhD in Creative Writing at La Trobe University. www.amrapajalic.com
|Concession Member||$ 240.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.