You will learn:
- What sets playwriting apart from other types of writing.
- The difference between story and plot.
- How to show audiences (not tell them) who your characters are.
- The elements of great dialogue.
- What it means to make your writing theatrical.
About Diane Stubbins
Diane’s plays have been performed in Sydney and Melbourne, and she is the recipient of an RE Ross Trust Development Award. Her work has been shortlisted for the Griffin Award, four times shortlisted for the Rodney Seaborn Playwrights’ Award, twice longlisted for the Theatre 503 Award, and three times longlisted for the Queensland Premier’s Drama Award. Diane also writes fiction reviews for The Australian, and is currently undertaking graduate work at VCA.
|Event registration fee|
|Concession member||$ 135.00|