*Please note: the dates for this workshop have changed. The dates listed below are correct*
You will learn about:
- Characters: flawed, believable, beloved or ambivalent, understanding their role in your story
- Plot and structure: analysing your novel in the light of classic story structures
- Process: solving the problems you see in your novel, how to best use your writing strengths
- Theme and meanings: What do you really want to say? And are you saying it?
- Voice and point of view: editing for tone, character, richness, clarity and brevity
- Workshop: Saturday 23 March 2019, 10am - 4pm
- Webinar: Saturday 4 May 2019, 10-11:30am (Times TBC)
- Workshop: Saturday 18 May 2019, 10am - 4pm
- Workshop: Saturday 13 July 2019, 10am - 4pm
- Webinar: Saturday 27 July 2019, 10-11:30am (Times TBC)
- Workshop: Saturday 10 August 2019, 10am - 4pm
About Ailsa Wild
Ailsa Wild is an acrobat, whip cracker and teaching artist who ran away from the circus to do a Masters
in Creative Writing at RMIT. Her ‘Squishy Taylor’ series was her first foray into the world of junior
fiction. Ailsa has also collaborated on the graphic novel, ‘The Invisible War’, which was nominated by
the Children's Book Council of Australia as a 'Notable Book of 2017' and winner of two awards in the
2017 Educational Publishing Awards Australia.
|Concession Member||$ 560.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.