Dr Laurie Steed, recipient of competitive fellowships from the University of Iowa, The Elizabeth Kostova Foundation, the Baltic Writers' Residency, and more, discusses innovation, authenticity and best practice in relation to finding and applying for your dream writing residency, retreat, or fellowship.
You will learn:
- How to write clear, concise applications that outline your style and strengths as a writer.
- Project Management of your applications from consideration to completion
- The importance of risk in ensuring not only that you're applying for the right residency or retreat, but also that your submitted work showcases the best, most original aspects of your writing
- How to put in your best, most complete possible application, whatever the stage of your writing career
- The importance of mutually beneficial, ongoing relationships in regards to residencies and fellowships.
Laurie Steed is the author of You Belong Here, published March 2018. His short fiction has been broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and has appeared in Best Australian Stories, Award Winning Australian Writing, The Age, Meanjin, Westerly, Island, and elsewhere. He is the recipient of fellowships from The University of Iowa, The Baltic Writing Residency, The Elizabeth Kostova Foundation, The Katharine Susannah Prichard Foundation and The Fellowship of Writers (Western Australia). He lives in Perth, Western Australia, with his wife and family.