Stories of up to 1500 words due Wednesdays 13 February, 13 March, 10 April, 8 May, 12 June
You will learn:
- Knowledge of narrative arcs, and how they ground a character's journey through a story
- Delineation of authorial voice character voice, and how to use both to engage the reader
- Sensory images and the importance of sight, sound, smell, touch and taste in creating a wholly immersive narrative experience
- Focused approaches to dialogue: subtext, repetition, and archetypal speech patterns
- The submissions process: best practice in sending your work out into the world
Stories of up to 1,500 words due Wednesdays 13 February, 13 March, 10 April, 8 May, 12 June
About Laurie Steed
Laurie Steed is the author of You Belong Here, published March 2018. His short fiction has been broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and has appeared in Best Australian Stories, Award Winning Australian Writing, The Age, Meanjin, Westerly, Island, and elsewhere. He is the recipient of fellowships from The University of Iowa, The Baltic Writing Residency, The Elizabeth Kostova Foundation, The Katharine Susannah Prichard Foundation and The Fellowship of Writers (Western Australia). He lives in Perth, Western Australia, with his wife and family.
|Concession member||$ 240.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.