We will study craft and technique, character development, narrative function, voice, tone, ideas and aesthetics specific to the novella, with a focus on how we deploy our skills practically. Move away from mimicry and build an awareness of clichés. Emerge equipped to write a unique and vital novella.
You will learn
- practical information on how to write and publish a novella
- to gain an understanding of the unique qualities and possibilities of the novella
- a better understanding of long-form storytelling dynamics
- about the architecture and evolution of the novella
- ho to progress towards a powerful story vehicle specifically geared for a long narrative.
When: Saturday 7 July and Sunday 8 July, 10am-4pm both days.
This workshop was previously advertised on a different date. The dates on this website are correct.
About A.S. Patric
A.S. Patric’s debut novel ‘Black Rock White City’ is the winner of the 2016 Miles Franklin Literary Award. His second novel ‘Atlantic Black’ was published in 2017 to critical acclaim. He is a winner of the Ned Kelly Award and the Booranga Prize, and is the author of ‘Las Vegas for Vegans’, a story collection shortlisted in the Queensland Literary Awards. He is also the author of ‘The Rattler and Other Stories’ and ‘Bruno Kramzer’. ‘The Rattler’ (novella) was shortlisted for the Lord Mayor’s Award and ‘Bruno Kramzer’ was shortlisted for the Viva La Novella Prize.
|Concession Member||$ 270.00|