This course will help you write a first chapter that grabs the attention of agents, editors and readers. With lots of no-nonsense advice and practical exercises this course sold out in London with Felicity Yap’s 'Yesterday' selling for 6 figures just 2 weeks later.
You will learn
- how to grab the attention of readers, agents & editors
- what a first chapter needs
- how to introduce characters and themes
- how to write fiction with emotional impact
- how to use dialogue to reveal character and further the plot
About Paul McVeigh
Paul McVeigh’s debut novel, 'The Good Son', won The Polari First Novel Prize, The McCrea Literary Award, was Brighton’s City Reads 2016 and part of the UK’s World Book Night 2017. His short stories have appeared in journals and anthologies, on BBC Radio 3,4 & 5 and he is the founder of London Short Story Festival. His work has appeared on TV, on stage in London’s West End and has been translated into 7 languages.
This workshop is made possible with the generous assistance of Culture Ireland and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Event registration fee|
|Concession Member||$ 135.00|