This seminar will delve into the major styles, principles and techniques of travel writing, the common mistakes budding travel writers make, the nature of the travel writing industry today, and where (and how) to submit your travel writing for publication.
You will learn
- about the different types of travel writing out there, and what makes them tick
- some of the techniques travel writers use to immerse readers in their adventures
- to identify common mistakes that budding travel writers make, and how to avoid them
- about the travel writing industry today: how it’s changing and evolving
- where and how to submit pieces for publication.
This workshop develops employment-related skills.
About Kate J Armstrong
Kate J. Armstrong writes and edits books about travel, nature, and adventures of all kinds. She’s helped adventurers tell their stories in books like National Geographic’s 'Everest: Mountain Without Mercy'; edited travel beauties like National Geographic’s 'The World’s Most Beautiful Places'; and written about exploring nature in titles like 'Greatest Parks of the World'. Originally from Washington D.C., she travels (and writes about it) as much as she can.
Writers on Wednesdays
Read more about our Writers on Wednesdays series:
|Concession Member||$ 30.00|