You will learn
- how to construct an engaging memoir
- selective inclusion: how to decide what to include and what to leave out
- how to put the fiction into the non-fiction
- how to work with the unreliability of human memory
- how to write about people you know with sensitivity.
About Meelee Soorkia
Meelee Soorkia has been working as a writer and editor for more than a decade. She is Senior Development Editor at Hardie Grant Books, where she specialises in narrative non-fiction and memoir. She has worked on several bestselling and award-winning titles, including ‘The Undesirables’ by Mark Isaacs, ‘The Long Goodbye’ by PJ Parker and ‘Good Muslim Boy’ by Osamah Sami.
Read more about other workshops in our Winter School program:
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Event registration fee|
|Concession Member||$ 135.00|