Learn about the editing and proofing process, book design, getting it to the printers, sales and marketing campaigns, warehousing, distribution and publicity.
You will learn
- the relationship between author and editor and proof reader
- the art of book design, the author’s involvement in the look and title of the book
- the role of sales, marketing and distribution teams
- what a production editor does
- what a publicity campaign consists of, publisher expectations of author, author’s role in the campaign
This workshop develops employment-related skills.
About Donna Ward
Donna Ward is the founding managing editor of ‘indigo’, the journal of Western Australian creative writing, previous editor of ‘Sotto Magazine’, and publisher at ‘Inkerman & Blunt’. She has past lives as a psychotherapist and in community and welfare management. She is author of many research reports and her prose has been published in ‘Southerly’, ‘Island Magazine’, ‘Ext2012’ and ‘Fish Anthology’ (Ireland).
Writers on Wednesdays
Read more about our Writers on Wednesdays events:
Writers on Wednesdays: The Narratives of Climate Change, 25 January
Writers on Wednesdays: Time Management for Writers, 22 February
Writers on Wednesdays: Writing for YouTube, 29 March
Writers on Wednesdays: Feminist Writing, 26 April
Writers on Wednesdays: The State of the Sector, 28 June
Writers on Wednesdays: Funemployed - Living with yourself as a writer, 26 July
|Concession Member||$ 30.00|