See how synopses and pitches can also help keep you motivated and on track when you wander into the depths of research, and give you the confidence to treat your fledgling work as the foundation of a great book.
You will learn
- how publishers make decisions
- how to write crystal clear proposals
- how to make it easy for publishers to evaluate what you are submitting
- how to use your pitch as a motivational tool.
This workshop develops employment-related skills.
About Marie Alafaci
Marie Alafaci has two decades’ experience as an author, writing teacher and manuscript assessor. She writes for children and adults across both fiction and non-fiction, and has had work on ‘The Age’ bestseller list as well as being short listed for a number of awards. Marie has been a book reviewer, competition judge and feature writer, and loves a good pitch.
Recommended requirements for webinar access:
- Windows 7 and higher / Mac OSX 10.7 and higher**
- Newest version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or Safari Web Browser
- Wired (not WiFi) Broadband internet connection with an upload speed of 1 Mbps or more
- Most recent version of Adobe Flash player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
- Turn pop up blocker off or put www.anymeeting.com in your allowed list
Read more about our other online courses, digital intensives, clinics and webinars:
Online: Digital Memoir Intensive, 30 January
Online: Beginners Short Story Clinic Wednesday 1 February
Online: Intermediate Short Story Clinic, 1 February
Online: Intro to Online Courses, 13 February
Online: Advanced Short Story Clinic, 15 February
Online: Poetry Clinic, 15 February
Online: Copywriting and Your Career, 8 March
Online: Digital Fantasy Novel Intensive, 1 May
Online: Digital Novel Intensive, 19 June
Online: How to Write… a funding application, 27 June
|Concession Member||$ 30.00|