Character, plot, structure, pace and theme will need refining. An ending must be devised: one that works both tonally and in terms of story structure. How do you revise and redraft? How do you tighten and also enrich your first draft? This series of hands-on workshops and webinars will encourage a forensic approach to refining the manuscript.
Workshops: Saturday 11 March, Saturday 13 May, Saturday 8 July, Saturday 12 August, 10am-4pm each day.
Webinars: Saturday 8 April, Saturday 10 June, 10-11am each day.
You will learn
- the art of minimalism in dialogue tags
- why adverbs are the work of the devil
- what is the relationship between the inciting incident and the climax
- what is a tonally split ending, and do you need one
- why sh*tty first drafts are a writer’s best friend
About Toni Jordan
Toni Jordan is the author of the international best-seller 'Addition', longlisted for the Miles Franklin award, 'Fall Girl' and 'Nine Days', which was awarded Best Fiction at the 2012 Indie Awards, shortlisted for the ABIA Best General Fiction award and named in Kirkus Review's Top 10 Historical Novels of 2013. Her latest novel is 'Our Tiny Useless Hearts'.
Melbourne, VIC 3000
|Concession Member||$ 560.00|