Strange, though, that we can find time for other things, like work deadlines imposed on us by someone else. Face your excuses, locate the moments that are available, learn strategies for overcoming procrastination, and recognise that you don’t need the perfect moment to be able to write.
You will learn
- what lies behind the excuses you can make for not finding the time to write
- to identify the moments in the day when you can write, and how to utilise them
- strategies to counter procrastination
- what we really mean by ‘writer’s block’ and how to abolish it
- to let go of the idea that you need to be inspired before you can write – writing creates its own momentum
About Amanda Apthorpe
Amanda Apthorpe is a published author and teacher of creative writing who holds an MA and PhD in creative writing from The University of Melbourne. Her paper on time management and finding voice was published in 2015. Amanda’s first novel ‘Whispers in the Wiring’ was published in 2011 and her second, ‘A Single Breath’ was published in 2015.
Writers on Wednesdays
Read more about our Writers on Wednesdays events:
Writers on Wednesdays: The Narratives of Climate Change, 25 January
Writers on Wednesdays: Writing for YouTube, 29 March
Writers on Wednesdays: Feminist Writing, 26 April
Writers on Wednesdays: Making a Book, 31 May
Writers on Wednesdays: The State of the Sector, 28 June
Writers on Wednesdays: Funemployed - Living with yourself as a writer, 26 July
|Concession Member||$ 30.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.